Find out more about poison prevention programs and their availability in Connecticut. Links include programs from Pre-K through adults, buzz box loan program, and health fair to-go kits. For more information on presentations and health fairs, call 860-679-4422 to speak to the community education specialist.
- Spike’s Poison Prevention Adventure: Quills Up-Stay Away – poison prevention education program for Pre-K/K classrooms.
- Lenny Lendahand Live on the Web: Check out cool interactive fun with Lenny, our funky monkey, who will teach kids of all ages about poisons.
- Poison Control in Action: An Adult Education Program that Saves Lives – An interactive poison awareness program for adults. All materials are in English and Spanish. Spanish program – Centro de Control de Envenemientos E Intoxicaciones en Acción: Un Programa Educativo para Adultos que Puede Salvarle la Vida.
- Poison/Candy Buzz Box Loan Program: The interactive display shows the similarities between pills and candies. For all ages.
- Health Fair To-Go Kit: A kit with everything you need for a poison prevention display.
- Community Education Specialist: Do you need someone from the CPCC to do a presentation, workshop or staff training? Contact the educator for all of your educational needs.
- Poison Safety Helper Program: A train-the-instructor program designed to help child care providers, teachers, injury prevention specialists, nurses, and program specialists learn about poisons and incorporate poison prevention lessons into existing work/programs.
- Video Loan Program: Need a video to help teach about poisons and poison prevention? We can loan you one. Call the materials and education line at 860-679-3531 and leave a message for a call back. Let us know the date you will show the video and we will mail it out to you. After you use the video, mail it back to the Connecticut Poison Control Center.